HEALTH AND SAFETY CONSCIOUS
At Rolec Services we are committed to the safety and welfare of all our employees, contractors and people affected by our business through prevention, education, and awareness.
All of our management team members have accepted roles and responsibilities in order for us to continuously measure, monitor and improve our health and safety performance. We feel effective control and management of health and safety is only achieved through voluntary co-operation, co-ordination and communication throughout the company.
We will always try to exceed all applicable health and safety legislation, recommendations and best practice. We are always endeavouring to identify any potential hazards or risks - and assess and control these in order to prevent the occurrence of any accidents or incidents.
We at Rolec take our environmental responsibilities extremely seriously and have an active enviro-friendly policy in place, which every area and department of the company adheres to.
Our Managing Director is particularly passionate about environmental issues and personally chairs our quarterly Environmental Panel meetings and continuously reviews and implements new ideas and policies. We are always striving to improve and better ourselves, with the ultimate goal of minimising any negative impact our company has on the world that we all share.
Some of our current environmental initiatives include:
• Courtesy mini-buses provided to transport staff from home to work and back again, which minimises traffic on the workplace/home commute. This equates to a carbon/C02 output reduction over the past 4 years of 142.12 metric tonnes.
• Introducing low emission company vehicles into the fleet, with plans for continued expansion of our EV fleet over the foreseeable future.
• Implementing energy efficient LED lighting in both our manufactured products and factory/warehouse/office lighting.
• Encouraging all our suppliers to use recycled packaging as well as promoting recycled packaging ourselves.
• Implementing a waste management policy whereby all waste materials are segregated and sent onto waste recycling plants.
• Active member of the WEEE Recycling Scheme.
• Joining in with community projects such as woodland tree planting, and sponsoring local children's football teams and athletics clubs.
COMPONENT SOURCING AND TESTING
One of the most important elements of any manufacturing company is to ensure that its products are fit for purpose, robust, and able to undertake the duties they were designed for.
To ensure this, we have implemented a very stringent supplier and component sourcing policy. Our company Procurement Director is tasked and fully responsible for enforcing this strict sourcing policy on both our new and existing suppliers. Records of performance are maintained and any supplier or component falling below our high standards and expectations are immediately identified. This triggers a process of supplier engagement with a view to increasing standards and quality. In the event that improved standards are not attained, the supplier is removed from our supplier portfolio.
We operate both a batch testing and new product testing programme and all products within these programmes are stored in a Component Quarantine Area away from the general stock system until they are considered fit for purpose and able to enter the normal production system.
We take pride in the excellent quality of all of our products and services.
Our failure rate across our entire product range is less than 1% worldwide, so it is highly uncommon that our Returns Policy is utilised. However, on the rare occasion that something is not quite right, we always ask that the product is sent back to us. We will then carry out a full investigation to avoid the same thing happening in the future.
This allows us to continuously improve and develop our products, and always be one step ahead. We welcome feedback from our customers and always take any comments or suggestions on board. In these instances, we always follow the same process - investigate, react, update.