Marina / 2016
Rolec Introduce Mobile Phone Operated Marina ServicesOctober 5th 2016
Rolec has announced the launch of a new Marina Management system that allows the boat owner to manage and pay for their electricity and water services by mobile phone.
This new system, BerthMaster Online, has all the popular features of Rolec’s world leading BerthMaster marina services management system, whilst incorporating the latest mobile phone technology.
This introduction of mobile phone technology provides the marina operator and boat owner with significant new levels of control of their berth’s electricity and water services.
Managing Director of Rolec, Kieron Alsop, commented: “We at Rolec pioneered the introduction of computer managed electricity and water services on marinas worldwide with the development and introduction of the original BerthMaster system almost 20 years ago.
“During this time, the BerthMaster system has become the world’s leading marina services management solution - with tens of thousands of berths worldwide successfully operating on the system.
“Since BerthMaster’s introduction we have continued to develop and enhance the system in line with advancements in technology. We are now excited and delighted to introduce BerthMaster Online, which features cutting edge mobile phone technology - a huge step forward and a world first in the management of marina services.”
Alsop continued: “Whilst the marina operator continues to have overall control of the marina’s services, BerthMaster Online now enables the boat owner, via their mobile phone, to have a new level of independence and control over their own electricity and water services.”
The new BerthMaster Online system will provide boat owners with the following features via their mobile phone:
- Remote switch on/off of their own electricity and water services, eliminating the necessity to visit the marina office
- 24/7 access to their own electricity and water accounts from any location in the world
- To pay in advance or on account for their electricity and water services via the BerthMaster Online WorldPay payment platform (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, PayPal, etc.)
- Provide email/text alerts to the boat owner in the event of an unauthorised electrical disconnection from their boat
The BerthMaster Online system has already been installed, and is fully operational, at Dean & Reddyhoff’s 600 berth Haslar Marina.
Michael Prideaux, Managing Director of Dean & Reddyhoff, commented: “We were looking for a system which we would confidently know would last us for the next 20 years. BerthMaster Online has been so well designed, and is so slick, that it has transformed both the customer experience and the operational side at Haslar Marina.”
Ben Lippett, Haslar Marina Manager, commented: “BerthMaster Online has been very well received so far. Customers really like all the feedback and real time usage information they are provided with on their mobile phone.
“All round it has been a fantastic addition.”
- Find out more about Rolec’s BerthMaster Online system by going to www.vimeo.com/186884895 and www.vimeo.com/182832650
- For more information about Rolec’s Marina Services product range call ++44 (0)1205 724754, visit Rolec’s stand at the METS Show (15-17 November, stand number MYP.05.415), email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.rolecserv.com